Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Pcsx 2 and your pc hardware

 A couple of weeks ago, I decided to improve my pc by replacing my old video card the Geforce 9600gt with the several times more powerful Geforce 660.

Naturally, as a fan of ps2 games, I wanted to emulate a game called Vice city stories. If you read my blog already, you would know that open world games very often cause an fps drop when emulating, since it is difficult to handle them for your pc. The reason for this is: the emulator is still in development and not 100% complete. But I gotta say, the emulation itself is very nice, graphical bugs are non existent in the current version (comparing it to the old versions that I had used before, even emulating this game).

Here are my results with the new graphics card:

The fps drops have not changed.


 As it turns out the emulator takes almost all power from the CPU.

If you upgrade that, then you will truly see a difference.

For now the performance is based on CPU>GPU

The developers are trying to change it to GPU>CPU, but it might take years for it to happen.

Pc games that I own, however have shown great improvements.

This is a quick notice to ps2, (pcsx2) fans. I hope this information is valuable to your own experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment